Tuesday 13 May 2014

GUITAR PLAYER WEEK: NISHITH HEGDE (ALBATROSS, REPTILIAN DEATH, DEMONIC RESURRECTION)

Nishith Hegde is the guitar player for Reptilian Death (yes, under that cloak there's a human), horror metal band Albatross and recently Demonic Resurrection. I remember this guy from back when he had a band called 'Kohram', playing around at college competitions, after which he was discovered for his immense talent.

Friendly as he is, this guitar prodigy hasn't been at it for more than four years, but he can still play practically anything you ask him to. Like, this dude will go all, 'Betcha can't play this' and all, like in this video:


He also looks South American sometimes. Nonetheless, he's young and he's doing some insane things with his instrument. Lets get to know this guy a little more.


Full name and age.
Nishith Hegde, 19


What is your favourite dish/cuisine?
Korri Rutti. Which means Chicken Curry with Rice Wafers.


Kindly tell us about all your precious gear! (guitars, processors, etc.,.)
I own an ESP GUS 200 as well as an Alex Wade signature model, the AW 7
Processor: Line 6 Pod X3 live


How long have you been playing guitar?
3 and half years now


What got you into playing guitar?
Well, my dad bought me a guitar on my birthday and I never thought I would ever play or do this professionally, but I did not realize, I loved it sooo much that I just couldn't put it down since.


Have you learned to read music as well, or do you just play by ear?
No, I haven’t learnt to read music. I just play by ear.


Electric vs. acoustic. What do you prefer?
Acoustic.


What thought goes into riff construction/is there any particular pattern you follow to make riffs?
Well, you know you’ve composed a good riff if you remember it or if it gets stuck in your head. I normally don’t really care about what people think of what I have written. If I like it, it stays.



What music projects are you currently a part of?
I play for Albatross, Demonic Resurrection and Reptilian Death.


Do you have a day job? What is it that you do? 
Yes I do. I work at Furtados Music as a Sales executive.


Your favourite musicians (Indian)

Guitar: Dhruv Ghanekar
Bass: Ashwin Shriyan
Drums: Viru, Gino Banks
Vocals: Biprorshee Das, Sunny, Vinay (BM)


Your favourite musicians (international)

Guitar: Andy James, Jeff Loomis, Marty Freidman
Bass: Evan Brewer
Drums: Alex Rudinger
Vocals: Warrel Dane


Can we expect a release from your band(s) any time soon?
Yes you can. We (Albatross) have been working on our new record “ Fear from the Skies” and hope to release it some time soon this year.
And of course, Demonic Resurrection will be releasing album titled 'The Demon King' as well.


Whom do you look up to, as a musician and a band? 
Sahil Makhija. Well, I first saw him at Palm Expo 2012, and I always wondered what it would be like to know this guy. To me he was someone who had done loads for the metal scene in India and of course was a great inspiration.


A message to all your fans (hello ladies!)
Thanks first and foremost! It would not have been possible without you guys. I really appreciate the support you’ve shown over the past few years and I hope you will continue to do so. Cheers and Stay heavy!


Go visit Reptilian Death on Facebook or Soundcloud
Albatross on Facebook or Soundcloud
Demonic Resurrection on Facebook and Soundcloud


Hit like to Metalsphere or subscribe to the blog here or to ME on Facebook for frequent updates.

More guitar players coming your way. \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment